PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN, INC.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 79,000 patients annually in 27 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Director of Development (40 hrs/wk) in Milwaukee, WI.
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin Inc. (PPWI) is seeking a fundraising operational expert to make an immediate bottom-line and leadership impact to a $26.0M operation with more than 20 health centers throughout Wisconsin. We are looking for an individual who can grow the existing development model, manage the operational aspects of development and capitalize on future fund raising opportunities. We foster a creative environment that is implementing development best-practices while creatively testing and challenging the traditional boundaries to secure meaningful and long-lasting donor support.
The Director provides operational direction for growth in all aspects of fundraising including major gifts, planned giving, annual giving, direct mail, and foundation grants. The individual will work together with regional gift officers statewide to design and execute plans that identify, cultivate, and solicit donors within each portfolio. The Director will establish and execute evaluation mechanisms to ensure PPWI’s financial goals and mission are supported.
This position collaboratively leads, supports, and empowers a cohesive fundraising team of 4-5 people and ensures accountability for excellence through clearly defined and measurable goals. The Director will establish fundraising metrics to manage portfolio efficiencies required to meet and grow the agency’s revenue goals and further the mission of PPWI. This position reports to the Vice President of Development and Communication.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
- Ability to meet aggressive financial and organizational goals for growth
- Ability to lead, plan, implement and manage change
- Demonstrated understanding and practice of fundraising strategies, processes, functions, and results
- Leadership skills that encourage creativity, develop team members, and increase teamwork
- Proficiency and savvy with database software and reporting tools; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational and operational management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and auto insurance in accordance with our standards
NOTE: Long hours and weekend hours may be necessary, including travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Communication or other related discipline
- At least 7 years of progressive and relevant development, fundraising, or program management experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Advanced experience managing large-scale fundraising campaigns
- Track record of obtaining 6- and 7-figure gifts desired
- Advanced degree and/or CFRE a plus
Planned Parenthood - 13 months ago
Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than 90 years, the...