The Red Hat software engineering team is seeking an engineer who specializes in C++ tools to join our software tools group. In this role, you will lead Red Hat's work on the GNU C++ library (libstdc++), contribute to the GNU C++ toolchain (g++ and related tools), represent Red Hat at international standards meetings (ISO SC22), and work on new tools for subsequent release in the Fedora Project and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). You will join a fast-paced, talented engineering team ensuring quality and innovation in the Red Hat toolchain. Come prepared to influence the direction of C++ and make a tangible contribution to the upstream GCC project.
The work location for this position is flexible. Red Hat has offices across the globe, but candidates in Europe or North America are preferred. Home-based, remote candidates will also be considered.
Primary job responsibilities
- Lead Red Hat's C++ library development work as an individual contributor on the toolchain team
- Work with the world-class Red Hat toolchain team to develop features and maintain the GNU C++ library (libstdc++) library project
- Represent Red Hat at international standards meetings (ISO SC22 and WG21), primarily in library-related working groups
- Participate in community GCC releases by testing and bugfixing
- Interact with internal and external development and user communities
- Accept, analyze, and respond to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) customer bug reports and queries for tools packages, providing expertise on C++ and the C++ libraries
- Backport fixes and important features to Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Fedora Project releases
- Expert knowledge of C and C++
- Experience with GNU tools and open source development
- Background maintaining or working closely with C++ libraries
- Must have experience with or exposure to the Linux kernel
- Prior participation in an open source software project
- Experience maintaining or working closely with the C++ Runtime library (libstdc++) is highly beneficial
- Knowledge of the C++ Application Binary Interface is preferred; particularly newer standards such as C++11 or C++14
- Ability to work with globally distributed team is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field; a computer science background is preferred
Red Hat, Inc. - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source...