Looking for a challenge and a great career? DCCA is a “white hot,” rapidly growing, fun company and needs a Proposal Development and GWAC Leader to become an integral part of a Management team and our DCCA Family.
DCCA is a veteran-owned high-technology company specializing in providing information technology services to a variety of government agencies and commercial enterprises since 1982. DCCA is proud to offer a strong, competitive compensation and benefits package. Visit our website at: www.dcca.com .
Proposal Development & GWAC Center Director
As a valued DCCA Leader and our Director of Proposal Development & GWAC Center, you will be responsible for the overall operation and direction of staff, contractors, processes, tools, schedule, and quality. Your coordination of our partners, subcontractors, primes, and specialized support contractors, and all interactions and communications needs to be perceived as professional and well-done, as our growth is dependent on our partners. As the company grows, your leadership to grow the maturity, capabilities, quality, and size of this department is a must. You will direct all activities involved in the development and revision of proposals and lead RFP requirements and proposal reviews with DCCA’s Leadership Team. You’ll need to be a skilled liaison with all stakeholders and a troubleshooter. A Bachelor degree in Business Administration, or a related field, or equivalent experience and ten to fifteen years experience in the preparation of proposals in a Government-Contractor environment. Supervision/management experience is required. You need to already possess or be willing to obtain a security clearance.
Additional Desired Requirement
- Served as Proposal Manager and coordinating five (5) or more subcontractors with total contract values (TCV) over $150M.
- Served in Military and/or worked for Government Customer in mid-level role.
- Served as a consulting services manager for delivering IT solutions and services.
- Must be able to manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production, orals preparations, demo build and preparation, etc.) for lifecycle (from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer).
- Expert at analyzing solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, Sources Sought, contract vehicles: GWACs, IDIQs) in conjunction with customer requirements.
- Expert at building top rate integrated compliance matrix and determining final document structure.
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule, writing assignments, meeting/briefing materials, and storyboards.
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events, such as Kick-off Meetings, Price Strategy Meetings, Pink, Red, and Gold Team reviews, etc., and arrange facilities, communicate with participants, and prepare necessary materials.
- Understand how to manage and has managed a small GWAC (Contract Vehicles) Center including managing task order distribution to team members and generating task order responses.
- Familiar with communication with Government Contract Officers and with interacting with Government Websites (e.g., e-Buy) to search for new Task Orders and submitting responses and files.
- Can train and mature other proposal managers and resources and lead by example.
- Understand and can explain the proposal development and capture processes, along with roles & responsibilities, in detail.
- Lead effective storyboarding and development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and program management staff to extract critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions.
- Work with Proposal Coordinator to meet established deliverables and production deadlines.
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors.
- Manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project timeline.
- Ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are submitted, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Collect and edit proposal materials to ensure compliance.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate.
- Monitor and remain current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Effectively coordinate and manage outside contracting resources assisting in proposal development or capture.
- Demonstrate management skills to direct and orchestrate large proposal team efforts.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling proposal narrative and oral presentation slides from scratch.
- Able to lead and perform final proposal production.
- Working knowledge and hands-on use of MS Office business applications; expert working level with MS-Word.
- Willing to work late nights and weekends when required.
- Hands-on experience with graphics applications (e.g., Adobe products) and Visio.
- Hands-on experience with MS-Project
- Maintaining and managing the sales opportunity pipeline and contracts tracking system.
- Understands how to manage a GWAC (Contract Vehicles) Center, manage task order distribution to team members, receiving interest back, and generating task order.
- Able to perform and oversee SharePoint Administration.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, DCCA is committed to a diverse workforce.