The Content Manager works closely with the Corporate Communications team of Republic Services to ensure best-in-class internal communications, and collaborates on external projects as well. This position will launch and manage a new all-employee monthly printed publication, along with new email and intranet communication initiatives. The Content Manager primarily writes and is one the Company’s biggest brand advocates, telling our story to employees in a consistent and compelling way appropriate for the channels.
- Write news and articles for internal print, email and web channels; conduct interviews with senior executives and employees throughout the company to gather information for articles.
- Conduct internal research and interviews to find news and fun, relevant stories to tell employees.
- Manage internal projects that include creating content for corporate print publication, Intranet, presentations, scripts, corporate news email, CCTV copy, letters/memos and more.
- Write material for external projects, which may include sales collateral and recruiting materials.
- Work closely with graphic designer to bring copy to life through design and vice versa.
- Produce accurate and high-quality work within the organization’s tight deadlines.
- Manage group email boxes for communications team, which includes sending mass emails and responding to feedback.
- Post Intranet content, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information, and relevance for various audiences.
- Work closely with IT to manage internal channels, including email, SharePoint and other channels that may be created.
- Develop and maintain an organized archive of all content; manage a calendar for internal communications.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience in a role managing internal, employee or corporate communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or journalism highly preferred.
- 7 years of experience in a role managing internal, employee or corporate communications.
- Experience working in a matrixed management environment.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of traditional and cutting-edge corporate communications tools and resources.
- Must possess strong writing skills and the ability to translate complex corporate messages into tangible 'plain English' deliverables .
- An eye for detail and be able to accept constructive criticism.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take on multiple projects and work with short deadlines.
- Communications portfolio that demonstrates writing for employee audiences.
- Superior client management, communication and collaboration skills required.
- Expert level Microsoft Office experience, especially Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint for Intranet is a big plus.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Our Company Today:
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and waste services. Through its subsidiaries,...