EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (List does not include all duties assigned)
1) Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
2) Takes x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, including proper use of shielding equipment, and OSHA requirements.
3) Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
4) Processes radiologic logs and other paperwork in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
5) Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary medical and radiologic supplies.
6) Develops, processes, and / or files radiologic film based on site protocol.
7) Assists with other clinical procedures as appropriate.
8) Maintains required and appropriate certifications, including radiologic and CPR.
9) Maintains strict confidentiality.
10) Adheres to all aspects of the corporate compliance plan.
11) Performs related tasks as requested by supervisor
EDUCATION: Graduate of accredited x-ray technician program.
- Knowledge of x-ray procedures and protocols.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology necessary to perform x-ray testing including body mechanics and patient movement.
- Skill in positioning patients properly, and in the taking and processing of x-rays.
- Ability to adjust pace of work flow effectively.
- Skill in verbal communication.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively with physicians, patients, staff and the public.
EXPERIENCE: At least six months experience in a similar clinical setting preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Current CPR certification. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist registration required . Would prefer an LPN with X-ray experience
Monster - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard