• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• CPA highly preferred
• Typically 5 years of experience in all areas of accounting
• Strong knowledge of GAAP
• Advanced computer skills including experience with MS Excel and Microsoft Office products
• Experience with ERP/accounting systems software, preferably SAP
• Ability to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed
• Ability to build solid, effective working relationships with others
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion
• Ability to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility
• Ability to think strategically and tactically
• Strong oral, written and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, able to work independently
This position is critical to the financial accounting and reporting function. The responsibilities include all aspects of accounting, month end closing activities, general ledger account analysis and reconciliations, financial reporting and special projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain fixed assets and capitalized software/intangibles accounts:
• Review capital purchase requisitions for proper accounting treatment and track in SAP fixed assets module.
• Analyze variances in fixed asset and capitalized software/intangible accounts by developing schedules for monitoring changes in balances.
• Advise project managers and coordinate with finance managers to ensure proper capitalization of purchased assets and software development projects.
• Analyze monthly capital expenditures and coordinate with the Senior Corporate Accountant the reconciliation of capital expenditures to the cash flow statement. Prepare monthly capital expenditure report.
• Assist Accounting Manager and Sr. Corporate Accountant with preparation of monthly Financial Package and other accounting activities as necessary.
• Assist SAP team with functional initiatives in treasury and fixed asset functions. Coordinate upgrades and changes in the treasury functions with the Assistant Treasurer.
• Provide month end G/L support to Sr. Corporate Accountant and Finance Managers:
• Review and settle new capital items, process asset disposals, record depreciation and amortization
• Review prepaid expense accounts for proper accounting treatment and maintain record of prepaid expense accounts
• Analyze, determine and record monthly expenses
• Work with Network Billing and Finance managers to record network, contractor and miscellaneous monthly accruals.
• Coordinate and manage quarter-end capital and expense accrual process, providing guidance to administrative and management personnel to ensure proper and accurate accounting of quarter end accruals.
• Record and reconcile all cash transactions from monthly bank statements including domestic and international wire transfers, accounts payable and receivable, and investment accounts in compliance with our SOX requirements.
• Prepare and record month-end consolidation entries for the company and affiliates, perform intercompany reconciliations, ensuring the G/L is in balance.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations and maintain Account Reconciliation Binder. Log in compliance with our SOX requirements.
• Prepare audit schedules and provide support for external auditors.
• Provide support for SOX compliance and internal auditors. Document financial policies and procedures as required and ensure SOX compliance.
Perform special projects as requested.
For Staff Account- Accounts Receivable Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Validate the accuracy of the data transfer of revenue and volumes from billing system to the financial and reporting systems during the billing cycle
• Work with Financial Planning & Analysis team to ensure adequacy of credit reserves, bad debt and the completeness of the reported customer receipts.
Actively participate in the monthly Flash meetings and provide accounts receivable and credit reserves updates to the team throughout the close process.
Assist internal teams in analyzing credit reserves and receivable balances.
Produce monthly receivables aging reports by region.
Prepare schedules and provide support for external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all accounts receivable accounts
• Assist in special projects as needed.