The Risk Management Division of the Treasury & Financial Services Department at Hawaiian Electric has a Management vacancy available. (Role: Director) |
Communicates/informs management of exposures and risk management applications to accidental loss in HEI's diverse business areas through executive communications and board presentations; seek to have adequate incorporation of risk management concepts into HEI corporate policies.
Applies effective risk assessment and control measures to protect property/plant and to prevent or reduce liability to third parties. Performs field evaluations and investigations.
Acquires effective risk financing. This includes appropriate insurance coverage containing the best balance of coverage and cost secured for the diverse risks of HEI.
Provides insurance coverage/risk management consulting for claims against the Corporation by outsiders and claims against outsiders by the Corporation.
Determines, forecasts, and monitors resources to meet division's present and forecasted operational needs. Provides leadership and supervision. Adequately staff with appropriate personnel, meet budgeting, personnel-related matters, and other administrative requirements of the Corporation. Train, develop and provide performance appraisal for division personnel.
Reviews/prepares testimony and documentation to meet complex regulatory and legislative requirements for the electrical energy business area of HEI (e.g. serve as utility rate case witness or submit testimony for others and provide legislative bill review).
- Expert knowledge of risk management and insurance for electric utilities and banks.
- Thorough knowledge of economic analysis, finance (including cash flow analysis), business law and accounting principles relating to insurance gained though college level courses and through extensive work experience.
- Designation as Associate in Risk Management (ARM) and/or Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) desired.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and related software applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, and graphics.
- Ability to understand social, legal, and political trends and their impact on HEI's ability to successfully manage liability lawsuits.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills. Must be able to work with different disciplines and management levels, within and outside the Company.
- Highly developed communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate complex systems, calculations, concepts, and issues to audiences of varying knowledge and backgrounds in writing and verbally.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible in a demanding and changing work environment. Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Supervisory/leadership skills. Ability to direct, monitor, and review the work of others. Ability to train and develop others in complex and specialized processes.
- Conceptual, organizational, logical thinking and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex concepts quickly. Ability to separate relevant from the irrelevant.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Must have a State of Hawaii drivers license and be able to pass Hawaiian Electric Company's internal drivers licensing tests.
- Extensive experience (7+) in risk management, including risk analysis, loss control coordination, risk financing, insurance applications and contract review; especially related to electric utilities and financial services.
Hawaiian Electric Company
- 20 months ago - save job