Eligibility Worker I requires the qualifications as listed for the "Eligibility Worker Technician Underfill" below, PLUS one year of work experience determining eligibility in a social service office in one of the following economic assistance programs: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Foster Care, Medicaid, or LIHEAP; OR an Eligibility Worker Associate Degree offered at Bismarck State College.
Eligibility Worker Technician Underfill
If no candidates meet the above requirements the position may be underfilled with an Eligibility Worker Technician (4001), with a salary range of $2,221 - $2,679 per month. Minimum qualifications for Eligibility Worker Technician require a high school diploma or GED, PLUS one of the following:
- Three years of work experience in the clerical, accounting, financial, legal or teaching fields;
- Three years of a bachelor’s degree program (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours);
- Three years combined education and experience as listed above; or
- Completion of the Eligibility Worker Certificate Program offered at Bismarck State College.
For More Information, Assistance or Accommodation Contact: John Mogren, Director
- Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950) . Access application form at: Complete a State of ND Application for Employment (SFN 10950). Access application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
- Please include the position # and requisition # on your application. Also, provide details in the employment history sections of the application form on how your education, experience and skills will qualify you for this position. Supplemental information such as a cover letter and resume may be included, but the initial review and score will be based on the information provided on SFN 10950 .
- Please fill in all information requested on the application form, such as dates of employment, hours worked per week, credits earned, etc. INCOMPLETE SECTIONS WILL NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT.
- The Department’s Human Resource Division staff will score applications against the minimum qualifications and preferences listed on the job announcement and qualifying military service. After the scoring is completed, a certified list of eligible candidates and the applications will be forwarded to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview, based on the final scores.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- All application material must be received on the closing date by 5:00 pm or before the closing date at the following address:
Human Resource Division
Department of Human Services
600 East Boulevard Avenue Dept 325
Bismarck ND 58505-0250
Fax: 701-328-1927; e-mail: email@example.com
Employing Unit: Eddy County Social Services
Telephone Number: : 701-947-2960
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Essential functions of this position include interviewing and determining eligibility for applicants and recipients of Food Stamp Program (SNAP), Medicaid, LIHEAP, Child Care Assistance Program; will process applications, conduct client interviews, authorize benefits, maintain a caseload, perform necessary actions relating to fraud and appeals; attend training sessions and workshops; and other duties as assigned by the Agency. A high level of verbal and written communication skills is required, as well as computer literacy in all programs assigned to this position. Preference will be given to applicants with experience working with TECS and Vision state computer systems. Regular attendance at work is required of this position.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 5 months ago