The Cashier efficiently operates the register while ensuring that each customer receives “Extra Step” customer service by:
- Welcoming each customer
- Calling them by name
- Taking care of their needs
- Thanking them
- Inviting them back
- Provide “Extra Step” customer service to every customer
- Use equipment such as computer terminal, scanner, keyboard, code book, intercom system, calculator, printer, telephone, coupon machine, etc. accurately
- Operate cash register, monitor U-Scan operation accurately while accepting all forms of payment (ex: gift cards, credits, debits, EBT cards, tax exempts, store charge and WIC vouchers)
- Maintain accurate cash control regarding overages and shortages
- Bag customers’ items correctly and assist courtesy clerks in completing orders
- Scan 20 items per minute after 2 to 3 months
- Keep equipment in proper working order
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries
- Observe and report shoplifters
- Verify customer identification for liquor and tobacco purchases according to Missouri law and Dierbergs policy
- Promote company innovations, new products, and utilize suggestive selling techniques
- Work actions include standing in one place for extended periods of time, reaching, and bending
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Keep work area sanitary by using company approved cleaners and equipment
- You may be cross-trained in other departments
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must be able to:
Expectations for all Dierbergs Associates:
- Provide friendly “Extra Step” service to our customers
- Read basic information which contains a number of details and describes procedures involving several steps.
- Use basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Use basic computer skills
- Conform to Dierbergs dress code, appearance, and personal hygiene standards. Visible tattoos must be covered and piercings, other than ears, must be removed.
- Be flexible in scheduling (including weekends and holidays)
- Maintain prompt, regular, and dependable attendance as scheduled
- Comply with all federal, state, location regulations, and Dierbergs policies
Dierbergs Markets is a privately owned, family-run business in its 4th generation of leadership. Originating in 1854 with its first location...