Manpower is currently recruiting for an experienced sandblaster.
The candidate must have experience using abrasive- blasting equipment; preferably on silicon wafers.
This position requires standing 8-10 hours per day; the candidate must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs, Lift 35 pounds repeatedly, and have very good attention to detail,
- Abrades surfaces of metal/hard-composition objects to remove adhering scale, dirt, and to impart specified finish, using abrasive-blasting equipment.
- Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
- Masks specified areas of object to protect from abrading action.
- Sorts parts on racks in enclosed rooms, into tumbling barrels, or into cabinets.
- Turns valves on equipment to regulate pressure and composition of abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle or into tumbling barrel.
- Starts equipment that directs blast or flow of abrasive-laden compressed air, gas, or liquid over surface of parts.
- Manually directs nozzle over surface of large parts or inserts arms through glove-fitted cabinet openings and manipulates small parts under nozzle for specified interval.
- May examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- May be designated by type of equipment or abrasive used as Cabinet-Abrasive Sandblaster (any industry); Shotblaster (any industry).
The employee will stand at an enclosed free standing blast cabinet, which has two gloves attached to the cabinet. Employee will wear the gloves and hold pieces of wafer in one hand, and the other hand, with a foot pedal control will operate a nozzle through which compressed air will blow an abrasive material (aluminum oxide or sand) onto the wafer. Dust from sand particles are drawn into a collection bag by vacuum. There is some noise just like operating a vacuum cleaner.
The candidate must have high school diploma or equivalent, submit to a background check and drug screen.
4104 Old Vestal Rd
Vestal , NY 13850
Manpower - 12 months ago
Millions of men (and women) have helped power this firm to the upper echelon of the staffing industry. Doing business as ManpowerGroup, the...