Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report 2011-2012 "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC has even been named the No. 1 hospital in the greater Seattle/Puget Sound region in the U.S. News & World Report's first-ever Best Hospitals Metro Area rankings. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoy outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
University of Washington Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Custodian Supervisor 2. This position is responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating the daily work activities of EVS custodians and Operating Room Hospital Assistants. Typical duties include: Assisting the Director in setting and prioritizing goals for the department, provide support for and promote team development within the department, prepare work schedules and insure that sufficient custodial and OR Hospital Assistant coverage is provided, monitor cleaning activities to insure that standards of disinfection, cleanliness and appearance are maintained, provide quality assurance inspections, assist with budget control, prepare reports, and interview and recommend new applicants.
- Schedules personnel for proper coverage of facility and makes daily adjustments to ensure a fair distribution of the workload.
- Ensures that quality standards are met, by inspecting completed work, documenting performance and following up on problems.
- Investigates, documents, and reports all hazards and incidents to the proper management.
- Keeps accurate records of staff hours and documents required for payroll.
- Provides regularly scheduled training in-services to departmental personnel and maintains records of orientation and in-service training programs.
- Completes written disciplinary actions and performance evaluations according to UWMC procedures.
- Assists in development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures and standards of work.
- Maintains a current inventory of supplies and equipment and ensures that it can be used and operated safely. Ensures that patient care units have sufficient supplies to care for patient’s needs.
- Makes recommendations to Manager for changes in supplies, equipment, or procedures to improve safety and patient care or to reduce costs.
- Maintains good working relationships and communication with other departments and customers.
- Participates in hospital customer service, performance improvement and infection control programs. Represents and participates in committees and task forces as assigned by Manager.
- Assists Manager in meeting compliance with JCAHO, federal, state and local regulations.
For detailed information on Benefits for this position click here.
Three years of experience in custodial or general maintenance work, including two years of experience as a Custodian Supervisor I OR equivalent education/experience.
- 1 to 2 years experience in healthcare environmental service.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability , and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or firstname.lastname@example.org .
University of Washington - 18 months ago