Summary : Provides daily group and individual activities incorporating laughter, song, music, interaction, and cognitive stimulation with a personalized, warm approach. To create an atmosphere for residents, family, staff, and visitors that is welcoming, stimulating, nurturing, and engaging through activity, entertainment, and person-centered programs in accordance with the overall Autumn Leaves philosophy of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements programs in accordance with the Autumn Leaves Six Elements of Engagement to provide cognitive, physical, and social stimulation to residents.
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities related to their individual interests.
- Designs monthly activity calendars, and creates community monthly newsletter.
- Provides activities assessment on all new residents.
- Maintains quarterly activity documentation for all residents.
- Coordinates community volunteer and resident ambassador programs within the community.
- Participates in resident care conferences and Manager-on-Duty rotation.
- Organizes seasonal and annual community events.
Supervisory and Budgetary Responsibilities:
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Budgetary responsibilities include managing monthly petty cash amounts and working within approved budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university; and one (1) year experience as an Activity Director; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a State Qualified Activities Director.
- Previous experience working with individuals with dementia.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- Have worked with an HRIS, payroll system, and Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid drivers license and clear driving record (satisfactory for inclusion on Company auto insurance policy).
- This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
- Teamwork Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit regularly, occasionally stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a family-owned and operated company, Constant Care Family Management understands the importance of maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We provide a healthy and flexible approach to working hours, alongside offering competitive pay, excellent opportunities for career development and advancement, and great benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Sick Pay and performance incentives. Full and Part Time employees are eligible to participate in our company 401(k) plan which includes an employer match.
We work hard to maintain our superlative standards, therefore, all offers of employment with Constant Care Family Management are contingent upon an adequate background check as well as a drug screen, and TB testing (if required by the position). Constant Care Family Management also utilizes the E-Verify program to confirm work authorization with the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
Constant Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Thank you for your interest in Constant Care.
Constant Care Family Management - 19 months ago