Cequint is actively developing the next generation of a broad mobile technology that will revolutionize the way people communicate via mobile devices. This confidential project is a large undertaking with executive visibility that will serve tens of millions of mobile users, and promises to fundamentally transform the mobile landscape.
This is a highly technical role in requiring critical thinking, hands on Oracle PL/SQL and SQL development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production.
This Oracle Database Developer role involves the following responsibilities:
- Work as a member of a team in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data models, and develop Metadata for Data Warehouse / Analytical Reporting
- Design, develop and test code for data extraction, loading, aggregating data within a Data Warehouse environment.
- Develop and test database changes required for new releases.
- Perform peer reviews of work items produced at various stages of the project
- Technical resource for SQL query/tuning and ad-hoc reporting.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
- Provide technical/user documentation
- Perform effort estimation for various Data Warehouse activities
- Meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 7+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience using Oracle PL/SQL and SQL in a business environment.
- 3+ years of working with very large data warehousing environment
- 3+ years’ experience using Oracle aggregate functions, joins, hints, analytical functions, materialized views, database links, etc.
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux shell scripting, Ruby, Perl or other languages.
- Strong data analysis skills including cleansing, verification and validation of data quality within a warehouse environment.
- Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment is highly desired
- Experience with Pentaho, Golden Gate, and Toad Development Suite a plus.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Transaction Network Services - 15 months ago