**This position is for college recruiting purposes ONLY. It is posted for college students to submit their resume if they are interested in this entry level position.
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this position is to participate in the development and implementation of product test programs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in planning, implementing, and reporting technical information pertaining to the performance and reliability of new engineering products and concepts.
- Cooperates with New Product Development teams in establishing product acceptance and performance criteria.
- Assists with complex test program development: including test plans, schedules, resource needs, and related costs. Helps to evaluate test feasibility and coordinate work efforts to meet project requirements.
- Applies advanced verbal and written skills to effectively communicate technical information. Communicates with design, service, quality, and other disciplines.
- Contributes to the development of testing concepts, standards, facility improvements, and practices related to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Telephone • Calculator
- Computer • Copy Machine
- Must be able to sit, bend, turn, and maintain other related body postures frequently as necessary to perform job duties.
- Must be able to visually utilize a computer and other office equipment to properly enter information, as well as read documentation.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand and arm motions.
- Must be able to prepare concise, accurate written documents to communicate clearly with all levels of management and employees.
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions that require initiative and judgment in order to effectively plan, organize and complete various work assignments.
- Must be capable of multi-step and sequential problem solving activities; these include the comparing, analyzing and calculating data.
- Must maintain continual visual and mental attention while operating personal computers and other office equipment.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and communicate both verbally and in written form in English since instructions, labels and other documents are in English.
- Must be able to accept change and respond appropriately.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to travel as needed.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept a variety of tasks as assigned.
- Must not present a direct threat or unreasonable risk to him/herself or others.
- Must represent the Company in a positive manner to co-workers and outside personnel.
The Test Engineer Intern is responsible for his/her own work and does not supervise the work of others.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Assists others in department as needed.
- Work is performed within an office setting and within a warehouse/industrial setting.
- Noise levels vary however there is no continuous exposure to hazardous noise levels.
- Temperature and humidity are regulated while indoors.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited 4-year college or university in Mechanical, Agricultural Engineering or related Engineering discipline.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to the job at any time or for any reason.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Pro-E or similar 3-D CAD system experience preferred.
- Good verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Team oriented with a strong focus on process improvement.
- Some knowledge of engineering principles, strong problem solving, planning, communication, team involvement, and people skills.
AGCO - 3 years ago
AGCO's annual harvests may be smaller than those of major rivals John Deere and CNH Global, but it reaps some healthy profits...