Performance Verification Lead-INF0004401
About the General Motors Performance Verification team:
The Performance Engineering & Test team ensures deployed systems exhibit stable, predictable and scalable performance, and that are instrumented to enable problem detection and resolution before our customer is impacted. It is a very dynamic team that is integrated in the software and architecture development processes using a blend of technologies and methodologies to ensure end user experience is the very best GM IT can offer.
About the role:
This role is responsible for engineering the end-to-end response time and throughput performance for a system. The candidate will work with business and requirement analysts to thoroughly understand performance related business requirements and in turn, derive performance related system requirements. They will work with architects and developers in optimizing performance in individual system components to achieve desired end-to-end performance. They will develop the architecture and environmental requirements for all performance verification activities. They will design, build, and execute verification activities when necessary. They will define requirements for an instrumentation plan for both testing and operational monitoring, working with instrumentation designers to ensure a proper understanding that guarantees a high quality detailed design. They will assess an effort to define a timeline and resource plan to ensure success. They will then coordinate activities and all testers during all phases of a project or program. They will adjust plans as needed, managing and communicating all risks to appropriate levels of leadership. They will coordinate reviews between performance engineering & test team members and development team members to review plans and results.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline required or equivalent experience/training.
- 5 plus years experience in scripting and programming languages
- 5 plus years experience in performance test design, build, and execution
- 3 plus years experience in leading / managing people
- Working knowledge of current technologies including Java, J2EE, Linux, VMware,
- Experienced in AGILE and waterfall development methodologies
- Knowledge of conventional performance testing practices
- Experienced in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint and Visio
- 4 plus years in leading / managing people
- 6 plus years in performance test design, build and execution using one or more of the following technologies: HP Load Runner, HP Quality Center, Shunra, Application Vantage, Opnet
- 3 plus years in use or design/build of instrumentation & monitoring solutions using one or more of the following: HP Operations Manager for Server Monitoring, Oracle Enterprise Manager, HP Diagnostics, Compuware DynaTrace, HP SiteScope / BPM, HP RUM, Compuware Transaction Trace, Opnet Trace Analysis
- 3 plus years experience in application support and/or data center operations
3 plus years experience in application development
- 3 plus years experience in deployment of information technology infrastructure
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date : Mar 4, 2013, 10:05:12 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
General Motors - 18 months ago
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...