- Assist in the implementation of new procedures; provide training documents as needed; track training presented.
- Have the ability and competency to satisfactorily perform any job in the unit.
- Work with management, Environmental Services and Safety to maintain acceptable work environment standards; create and distribute documentation of procedures.
- Ensure all staff are assigned to area jobs, maintain lunch/break schedules and work is being completed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Monitor productivity throughout the day to ensure established performance standards are being met; work with supervisor to make staffing adjustments, as needed.
- Handle all customer inquiries/complaints; educate staff member(s) on performance issues to avoid any repeated incidents.
- Responsible for the receipt and delivery of supplies from vendors to all inpatient and outpatient areas.
- Ensure all daily measurement/tracking sheets are completed appropriately by staff; compile weekly/monthly reports, as required.
- Call in staff members, as appropriate, or provide coverage to cover any shortages; report absences to supervisor.
- Replace supervisor in his/her absence; work closely with manager to handle designated administrative responsibilities during this period.
- Maintain staff training documentation; update, as appropriate.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as Payroll, Employee scheduling, etc.
- Provide support in the Supervisor’s absence.
Under the general direction of Materials Management Supervisors and within established hospital and departmental guidelines, the Team Leader performs a broad range of activities associated with the operation and service level of their designated Materials Management departments. Incumbent will actively support the day to day operations, focusing on productivity, customer service, staff support/management, area safety/cleanliness and vendor management. Serves as area expert and will provide coverage in the absence of their staff supervisor.
Will work directly with supervisor to continually analyze current operations and make recommendations for improvement. Will also inform supervisor of any potential issues which may have an impact on the department, staffing, morale or other aspects.
- 3 years experience in operations, preferably in a health care setting. Some supervisory experience would be helpful
- Exceptional customer service and problem solving skills are essential.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, influential and organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications helpful.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- On your feet most of 8 hour shift.
- Lifting, carry, pushing.
- Some hazards associated with soiled linens, needles.
Massachusetts General Hospital - 4 years ago
Massachusetts General Hospital (Mass General) is hardly general. The 200-year-old acute care hospital is Harvard Medical School's...