The technical writer is responsible for creating and maintaining public and internal documentation. The ideal candidate will have prior technical writing experience and knowledge of Linux. |
- Write new guides, procedures, and blog posts.
- Proofread and edit documentation created by subject matter experts.
- Revise and update existing guides as necessary.
- Interview subject matter experts to learn about new software and features.
- Assist in establishing style guidelines and standards.
- Assist in creating project plans for completing documentation.
- Bachelor°s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood instructions.
- Good proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience working with Linux and major packages such as Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Postfix, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Broad exposure to various Linux distributions.
- Experience with major packages such as Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL, Postfix, etc.
- Understanding of XHTML/CSS and web standards.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working with industry-standard writing styles, including grammar, sentence form, and structure.
Linode - 21 months ago
Linode is a leading cloud hosting provider with 150,000 customers worldwide, and has been offering companies of all sizes virtualized...