Kaiser Permanente HealthConnect is an integrated clinical and administrative information management system that integrates the patient's electronic medical record with their appointments, registration and billing information. The system will link KP departments and as well as facilities nationwide, providing KP physicians and care teams access to current and comprehensive patient information and providing KP members 24/7 online access to key portions of their medical record. The application coordinator configures the application to meet business needs and is the primary support contact and coordinates all questions and issues that arise on the system. The Clinicals' application coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing functionality associated with the electronic medical record, including clinician documentation, ordering, in-basket management, and communication tools. This position will support the Utilization Management staff and workflows with implementation of various tools within KP HealthConnect. Responsible for application configuration and user group provisioning within AffiliateLink, a web-based tool which allows providers outside the Kaiser organization to access information on referrals and member data stored in the HealthConnect applications. SEE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR COMPLETE DETAILS.
- Responsible for achieving in-depth knowledge of KP Health Connect application software and business operations to ensure that the application is configured to support business requirements.
- Configures EPIC applications by translating business requirements into software specifications.
- Acts as a liaison between KP Health Connect and other departments regarding configuration issues.
- Executes test plans for configuration testing; performs problem resolution of configuration.
- Performs in-depth analyses of workflows, data collections, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of KP Health Connect software.
- Develops and documents internal decisions that the form the basis for the design decisions within the Health Connect applications.
- Collaborates with process design, interfaces, testing and implementation teams.
- Conducts comprehensive evaluations and tests new releases.
- Prioritizes and implements system updates and changes; communicates changes to users prior to granting access to new releases.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Three (3) years of configuration, application implementation, detail analysis, and installation experience required OR three (3) years of progressively responsible experience performing detailed analysis and in-depth knowledge of healthcare information management systems required. However, additional training on Applications configuration and implementation will be provided.
- Experience within the Healthcare Industry required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Healthcare, and or Business or comparable application experience required.
- Certification of the EPIC application must be obtained.
- Maintenance of certification required.
- Travel for product training and certification followed by occasional travel required.
- Database management and basic software configuration skills required.
- EPIC application experience preferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse preferred for Clinical - Electronic Medical Record Clinician AC Role.
- Expertise in data structures, content and interpretation of specific data elements preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 21 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...