Current Montana RN License
Current CPR certification
ACLS and PEARS, within 6 months of hire
Oncology certification (OCN), as soon as eligible to apply
Experience working in an Oncology, Infusion or Inpatient Unit where chemotherapy treatments are administered.
- Prior supervisory experience of clinical staff
Under the direct supervision of cancer center manager and in cooperation with the Oncology Providers, manages the clinical staff operations of the cancer center
- Supervises all clinical activities, while serving as a resource to all members of the oncology clinical staff.
- Assist cancer center manager and providers in developing and monitoring quality and patient safety initiatives in the cancer center.
- Creates and updates job descriptions to reflect duties and responsibilities.
- Performs or ensures performance of employee evaluations.
- Performs tasks as requested by the cancer center manager.
- Creates and maintains clinical staff schedules, while complying with labor productivity standards.
- Monitor budget and staffing levels for oncology clincal staff justifying variances as requested.
- Assists with annual preparation of departmental budget.
- Works in conjunction with radiation oncology supervisor and cancer center manager to hold monthly staff meetings and organize monthly nursing meetings.
- Participate in interdisciplinary patient care conferences and chart rounds.
- Maintain updates to clinical policies and procedures for the Cancer Center.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of an oncology nurse as outlined in job description.
- Assists the cancer center manager and radiation oncology supervisor in hiring, orientation and evaluation of all employees.
Bozeman Deaconess Hospital - 12 months ago