The Registered Nurse in the Operating Room is responsible for the comprehensive care of the surgical patient during the preoperative, intra-operative and immediate postoperative phases. This includes all activities, both technical and professional, that contribute to the safest perioperative course for the patient, as well as the most positive outcome possible. The Registered Nurse also directs and coordinates the activities of other health team members in order to achieve this goal.
Assesses and prepares for an assigned surgical procedure by organizing activities.
Verifies operative procedure.
Accepts role as patient advocate.
- Assesses the patient's health status according to AORN Standards and recommended practices to plan and implement appropriate nursing interventions.
- Documents nursing actions and patient care activities by established guidelines to measure patient outcomes.
- Creates and maintains a sterile field.
- Assist with Anesthesia Support for surgical patient.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- One year previous experience preferred.
- CNOR experience preferred
- Licensed in the State.
- BLS certified required
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
AR-Little Rock-St Vincent Infirmary
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...