Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - General
Job Title :
Type of Position:
• BS in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering field. Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience and PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience.
• Professional Engineering License in DE, PA, NJ, or MD, among others, or ability to apply for reciprocity.
• Minimum 4 years in civil, environmental, geotechnical and landfill engineering and project management experience with field studies, feasibility studies, design, construction, and operation of all types of groundwater and land based remedial systems including but not limited to solid waste, hazardous waste, and industrial waste landfills.
• Demonstrated knowledge and lead responsibilities for slope stability, geo synthetics design and installation, landfill closures, and construction quality assurance as it relates to containment remedies.
• Experience with federal superfund (CERCLA) and RCRA corrective action remediation programs as well as state cleanup regulations. Broad regulatory understanding desirable for identification of ARARs and state and local permit requirements.
• Demonstrated experience in wide range of remediation technologies through-out all phases of project from feasibility study through implementation and O&M.
• Ability to lead multi-disciplinary design, construction, and operations teams to meet client project needs.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills for project presentations and reports.
• Experience with project and program management software including Microsoft project and excel or other equivalent tools for budgeting, cost tracking, and scheduling.
• Valid Driver's License.
The Infrastructure & Environment of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Engineer for immediate employment in the Newark DE office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in environmental engineering specific to Site Remediation. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including feasibility studies, pilot scale test of remedial technology, conceptual design, detailed design and construction oversight.
• Feasibility Study preparation for regulatory agencies under RCRA and CERCLA
• Implementation of pilot scale testing of technologies of in-situ and ex-situ water treatment technologies
• Preparation of conceptual and detailed design/specifications/bid packages including containment technologies, in-situ remediation tech
• Perform Construction oversight
• Project management of engineering projects
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 6 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through i...