The primary purpose of this position is to protect company and store assets by enforcing loss prevention policies and procedures and providing customer service. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
• Monitor the daily activities of assigned store and prevent internal and external (shoplifting/theft) losses.
• Maintain the physical security of assigned store by conducting daily audit of store to ensure that all alarms, closed circuit television (CCTV), and locks are functioning properly.
• Conduct routine bag checks on associates and maintain log book.
• Conduct Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) audits and maintain log book.
• Train store associates on loss prevention policies and procedures and shrink management.
• Assist Loss Prevention Manager with internal investigations and other special projects as necessary.
• Assist DM/PMD/LPM in completing SMT’s.
• Complete safety and sanitation reports and take corrective action to solve issues.
• Monitor receiving procedures to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Manage customer service and duties assigned by the store manager.
• Uses civil demand and/or arrest when necessary, following all company policies and procedures.
Experience / Requirements:
• Minimum age of 21 years old.
• Ability to pass drug test.
• Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
• Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work day or evening hours.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
• This position requires a valid driver's license for business travel.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus one (1) year experience in business or retail; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rite Aid - 17 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...