LPN with experience in ambulatory muskuloskeletal practice.
High school plus trade or vocational school in licensed practical nursing. Current New Mexico LPN license and current CPR certification required. Less than one year experience in ambulatory setting.
Primary Job Functions
Assist podiatrist with patient care and office surgical procedures.
• Administer prescribed medications and treatments, as ordered by Medical Provider/Standard of Care Protocol.
• Assists Medical Providers with procedures.
• Assists with patient education, within scope of practice by Standard of Care-Education Protocol.
• Assists with visit planning, within Health Maintenance Guidelines.
• Assist with management, in collaboration with Clinical Manager.
• Documents on medical record within scope of practice.
• Assists in screening of patients, in collaboration with Care Manager.
• Assists Certified Medical Assistants with patient preparation/rooming patients, as directed by visit plan.
• Interacts effectively with customers, providing instructions and information, both written and verbal, as appropriate.
• Maintains established practice policies and procedures, objectives, quality program, safety, environment and infection control standards.
• Seeks help, communicates and cooperates with Medical Provider and team appropriately.
• Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 20 months ago