Passionate about Great Food and delivering Great Service! The Floral Clerk is responsible for the preparation and selling of floral products, proper display, rotation, sanitary handling of the product, overall cleanliness in the department, and the completion of various assigned tasks under the direction of his/her supervisors. Readily shares their knowledge and passion for plants and flowers with our customers. Models behavior that reinforces the Market’s Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles.
- Role Models the Market’s 3 steps to Customer Service.
- Will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Floral Department.
- Will do ordering, inventory, dept. maintenance and upkeep.
- Maintaining upkeep and quality of floral merchandise.
- Responsible for holiday promotional sales.
- Practices safe and efficient trimming skills.
- Produces high quality and sufficient quantity of product.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the sales floor and the backroom.
- Displays and fills all product cases/shelves in accordance with standards for rotation and appearance of product.
- Uses good salesmanship techniques to promote the purchase of the department's products.
- Has knowledge of and is able to use department equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Complete assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner as requested by supervisors.
- Maintains a safe environment for Team Members and customers.
- Creativity in product presentation and selling.
- Product knowledge (including variety, preparation and pricing) of floral products.
- Previous experience in floral arranging.
- Ability to work quickly, independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Current Food Handler card.
The Markets, LLC - 12 months ago