Location: Hernando, MS
Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly services to customers, involving receipt and payment of cash, and to recognize customers’ needs with suggestions appropriate to the Bank’s services. Follows the established policies and procedures for this area, in accordance with the Bank and the supervisor’s direction. This is an entry-level position with usually less than one year of experience.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accepts checks for cashing, receives checking and related accounts; accepts deposits, verifies cash and endorsements, makes change, and issues receipts.
- Receives savings deposits, pays withdrawals after verifying balance and signature; redeems U.S. Savings Bonds. Accepts tax deposits and various utility payments.
- Receives loan payments when installment loan coupon accompanies payment.
- Process credit card cash advances.
- Performs various balancing functions, including ATM.
- Processes night deposit and mail-in deposits.
- Sells cashier’s checks, cash advances, and other Bank services. Accepts applications and issues U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Responds to customers’ inquiries as appropriate.
- Maintains proper cash level in drawers, keeps cash secure, and maintains a high level of safety for the Bank. May service ATM according to schedule or need.
- Accepts “stop payment” requests and address changes, distributing to the proper personnel for processing.
- Opens safety deposit boxes.
- Completes CTR reports as needed.
- Cross-sells bank and affiliate services.
- Completes all required training.
- Performs other tasks requested by supervisor as they relate to the Bank and its functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required with cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to perform all over-the-counter customer services. Must exercise accuracy, alertness, good judgment, courtesy, tact, and patience, maintaining confidentiality of the Bank’s records and customer transactions. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Click here to apply.
Southern Bancorp - 19 months ago