The Credit Analyst reviews and decisions credit applications from VW/Audi Dealers using discretion and judgment, aided by computer decision support to maximize portfolio purchases while minimizing exposure to delinquency/loss and ensuring 360 degrees of service.
- Must exhibit a desire to learn about Automotive Financing (including VCI credit policies, procedures and products), and other aspects of the Automotive industry.
- Effectively analyze credit applications utilizing the current Credit Guidelines and Practices & the “Fair Isaac” credit scoring model to and provide a complete assessment of the applicant's credit risk. Make recommendations, & credit decisions within their approved credit authority. Maintain average to above average buying standards (quality & volume).
- Must thoroughly and logically document credit decisions.
- Work under the supervision of the Regional Credit Manager and other Senior credit staff members in the review of assigned credit applications.
- Must respond to all dealership inquiries in a timely and consistent manner.
- Effectively deliver the credit decision to dealership personnel.
- Demonstrate the able to listen to dealer’s opposing viewpoints with an even disposition
- Function as a team member in the handling of VCI/AFS/BFS credit applications (regional).
- Effectively manage a high volume of incoming/outgoing telephone calls while maintaining Service Center standards for telephone etiquette.
- Provide guidance, support, and training for fellow VCI staff members (including subordinate credit team members).
- Develop/enhance dealer and field staff relationships through personal visits to their markets' dealer body and interaction with field personal.
- Perform spreadsheet and other analysis as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years credit experience, with emphasis in captive automotives or banking with auto lending experience
- Collections experience
- Available to work until 7 pm.
- Available to work Saturdays and holidays
Volkswagen Group of America - 19 months ago
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, the world's fourth largest automaker and the largest...