Dell Wyse Sales Engineer II - Seattle / Pacific Northwest
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Sales Engineer II to join our team in in the US Pacific Northwest area.
Dell has recently announced its acquisition of Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings. The addition of Wyse will expand Dell’s desktop virtualization capabilities and provide new market opportunities for the full range of Dell’s enterprise solutions and services.
- Provides pre-sales technical support to field sales teams during the sales process. Accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the customers’ strategic business plans.
- This position defines the overall Dell solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services.
- Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs.
- Prepares detailed product specifications for the purpose of selling high end product and solutions.
- Conducts customer needs analysis.
- Provides project scoping.
- Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities.
- Assists sellers in creating demand for product.
- Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Identifies appropriate products and services to meet the full range of customer needs.
- Identifies cost effective and practical alternatives for the customer by bundling products/service “solutions” to maximize Dell’s opportunity while meeting customer’s needs.
- Point of contact for escalated issues.
- Skillfully negotiates with others to achieve desired results and meet customer needs.
- At this level, supports moderately and/or highly complex accounts.
- Works off an overlay quota.
- Gains access and manages relationships with intermediate technical teams and department level IT leaders.
- Assesses and verifies approach/method to selling Dell enterprise/client products and services.
- Verifies operability of complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment.
- Understands, analyzes and applies industry and market knowledge to position value of the Dell solution.
- Understands and articulates strengths and vulnerabilities of the competition.
- Understands and articulates third-party and/or Channel’s role to create and position Dell solution.
- Consults with other sales engineers, leaders, or cross-functional technical groups to ensure consistent approach/application in complex accounts.
- Intermediate level sales engineer with in-depth understanding of Dell’s product and services portfolio.
- Regular coaching/mentoring required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Exhibits a broad base knowledge of multiple or related industries as well as an acute business understanding.
- Leverages appropriate internal people and teams to support the selling and customer care processes in the enterprise/client space.
- Articulates how Dell client products and services integrate with enterprise products and services.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...