Intern - Research, Quality and Technology Alabama A&M University
Grow your career as an Intern on the Kellogg Research, Quality & Technology team – where we believe in your success. Here at Kellogg we are always seeking to add great talent like you to our pipeline for future roles, and now is no exception to that. We will be looking to fill multiple intern positions for 2014. During your time with us, you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Representative opportunities within the Research, Quality & Technology department may include the following:
• Product Development Scientist – Exhibiting innovation in discovery, advancement & evaluation of new technologies in the area of food/process research and development.
• Food Technologist – Setting and following a plan from creation of a plant test/start up plan, through cost estimation (initial and ongoing), to development and implementation of SAP production formulas to food production.
• Quality Assurance - Working closely with the Product Development team to ensure our products and premiums meet all company standards through documentation of product image and defect standards.
• Sensory Scientist - Working with Scientists to provide cross-functional sensory support to project teams by executing, analyzing, and reporting results of all sensory test types (Descriptive, Discrimination, Shelf-life, and Consumer testing).
• Food Chemist – Conducting independent research in the areas of analytical chemistry, lipid chemistry, texture and reology, and cereal science, you’ll support our Product Development team by assessing process variation and assuring that products meet specifications.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Research, Quality & Technology, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Pursuing Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. degree and studying a scientific discipline linked to a Food Science Program (including but not limited to Food Chemistry, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ag Engineering, etc.)
• Minimum of 3.0 GPA (Major)
• Minimum of 2.7 GPA (Cumulative)
• Available for a 6 month assignment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Travel may be required but will depend on geography.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg Company - 17 months ago
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....