The Human Resources Manager will be will be responsible for on-site administration of human resources for the Shorewood, Romeoville two facilities and Woodridge Distribution Center locations of Wilton Brands LLC. The Human Resources Manager will partner with the Sr. Vice President of Human Resources and distribution center management in order to ensure HR practices are aligned with distribution center goals and objectives. The candidate will provide support to distribution management and associates regarding key HR initiatives such as talent management, employee relations, employee engagement, compliance, and policy administration. This position reports to the Sr. Vice President of Human Resources Wilton Brands.
· Provide counsel and direction to the management team regarding on associate performance, terminations, severance, and compensation
· Provide guidance on state and federal guidelines regarding FMLA, FSLA other HR compliance issues
· Manage the full cycle recruiting process for the Shorewood, Romeovilles two sites and Woodridge Distribution Center locations to control turnover
· Provide ongoing HR support to the management teams located in the Distribution Centers
· Conduct New associate onboarding process and exit interviews as needed
· Provide guidance in the handling of discipline, terminations and associate relations issues.
· Maintain high visibility for proactive associate relations, i.e. counseling, focus groups
· Provides Background Check & Drug Test paperwork to applicants.
· Identify issues and provide early intervention, support, assistance and resolution to associates in regards to escalated employment issues.
· Conduct associate investigations when necessary (i.e. harassment, discrimination claims).
· Assist managers in resolving issues related to Workers Compensation.
· Monitor associate compliance with required safety training and MHE certifications.
· Provide human resources reporting and analysis as needed for the local management team and Sr. VP Human Resources
· Assist distribution management with facilitating the companys performance management process including annual performance reviews, individual performance plans and the personal performance objective process
· Assist associates with HR related questions regarding benefits, compensation, 401(k), etc.
· 5-7 years of proven HR experience, with at least three years being in an HR manager role
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field required
· General knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to employment practices and the Companys compliance
· PHR/SPHR certification required
· Bilingual in Spanish (written and verbal) required
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
· Experience working with an HRIS system (ADP, Peoplesoft,etc.)
· Ability to travel as required
- Must have a sound knowledge of budgets, financial analysis and reporting
· Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
· Professionalism and maturity
· Ability to work with all levels of management
· Excellent interpersonal skills (listening, empathy, follow-up)
· Ability to promote a positive culture
· Proven skills in coaching/counseling
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance; 401(k); educational assistance and employee discounts on our products.
WILTON BRANDS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ENCOURAGES DIVERSE CANDIDATES TO APPLY
Wilton Brands Inc. - 14 months ago