The Negotiator will review borrower’s income and expenses, determines the legitimacy of the hardship, and determines the workout options available to the borrowers based on Fannie Mae guidelines. The negotiator has a high degree of customer contact.
The Negotiator II
will work with borrowers to retain their home. These employees have mastered Fannie Mae workout options and have the ability to assist on more complex workouts.
The contact may be the result of an escalation and the negotiator is able to resolve and diffuse the situation.
As a Loss Mitigation Negotiator II you will:
- Have mastered investor requirements and guidelines and be able to effectively apply to the borrower’s hardship scenario
- Determine workout options which include loan modifications, pre-foreclosure sales, deeds in lieu, repayment plans, and forbearance agreements.
- Ensure accuracy of financials by reviewing income and expenses and inputting data, such items as pay stubs, tax returns, bank statements, credit reports and various other forms of financial documentation to determine eligibility for hardship assistance.
- Provide concise written summary of the borrower’s hardship and analysis of future ability to pay.
- Must possess the ability to display confidence in decision making ability in applying Investor guidelines against the borrower’s hardship.
- Be competent and confident to diffuse escalated issues with the borrower and display expertise in explaining the reasoning/justification when applying the investor guidelines
- You may be relied upon to assist the Supervisor or handle escalations on the Supervisor’s behalf.
- Provide analytical support to management for reporting purposes and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Knowledge based industry experience comparable to a Bachelors Degree.
- Minimum of 1-2 years Negotiator experience and proven ability to handle complex and escalated scenarios, resulting in resolution.
- Ability to read and interpret credit reports, tax returns, paystubs and profit & loss statements.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills with internal and external sources
- Ability to multi-task and assist the staff in completing projects and targets
- Proven analytical aptitude
PNC Bank - 17 months ago
Achievement with a purpose.
At PNC, we believe that everyone has the potential to achieve great things. PNC has become one of the most...