Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car ® , Ingersoll Rand ® , Schlage ® , Thermo King ® , and Trane ® , work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand Residential Solutions, a business comprised of well-known brands like Schlage and Trane, delivers safety, comfort and efficiency to homeowners throughout North America. Our quality products, services and solutions include mechanical and electronic locks, heating and air conditioning systems, indoor air quality solutions, advanced controls, portable security systems and remote home management.
The Operations Manager - Distribution will have overall managment for the Residential Solutions Distribution facility in Olathe, KS. The facility is a 250,000 square ft facility with 120 employees, 3000 inventory SKUs, $38M inventory dollars on hand and 110,000 annual orders processed.
Major Job Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
Coordination responsibility for the site to include:
- Operations at Residential Solutions Operations/Distribution center (includes repack, distribution, shipping, OpEx, inventory accuracy, and SIOP execution and refinement
- Management of Inbound and Outbound logistics
- Quality systems, processes and compliance
- SIOP Process for the site and inventory management (Quality, safety stock levels, min/max, etc.)
- Safety and Environmental improvement plans
- Liaison with other functions around ESH, general business, and HR policy compliance
- Site council leader (ID and set meeting schedule and agenda on recurrent basis.
- Lead the production leadership team, define and educate workforce on a lean transformation plan which will provide key deliverables in the areas of first time quality, cycle time reduction, cost reduction, waste elimination, increased capacity and improved efficiency
Percentage of Travel: 35%
- Manage inventory to meet customer requirements, optimize inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations, time constraints, and customer impact
- Lead the organization in the area of safety by insuring the employees practice safe work habits, maintain a safe work environment, and insuring that all equipment is maintained in a safe operating condition
- Complete the annual and monthly operational, resource, and financial planning for the Olathe operations to meet the business schedule on an accurate and timely basis
- Establish and nurture relationships with the team members, guiding, developing skills, providing feedback and motivating team members to drive RS and Logistics business goals and meet personal goals.
- Develop strategy and plans for improvement of order management processes
- Lead Operational Excellence initiative deployment (Lean, etc)
Min. Yrs. Experience: 7
Education Standard: Bachelors Degree
Education Type: Engineering/Operations/Business or related fields
• Exceptional leadership and project management skills with the ability to drive project-specific issues and goals to closure
• Ability to integrate business, customer service, inventory, and technical elements
• Ability to enhance a team environment, including development of team-oriented managers and supervisors
• Demonstrated experience leading Operational Excellence deployment or managing on an OpEx environment
• Proficiency at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions using Lean Six Sigma methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management
• Must be able to provide sound judgment in making independent decisions as warranted, and be able to incorporate ideas from others into the finished product
• Good understanding of lean manufacturing and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes
• Direct experience in supervising people and leading teams is required
• Must be able to use information systems that are integrated within manufacturing operations
Strong written and verbal communication skills; must have ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.