The DFMWR mission is to create and maintain"First Choice" MWR products and service for America's Army, essential to a ready self-reliant force.
This is a FLEXIBLE (FLEX) position. Flex employees serve ina continuing position on a schedule or as needed basis. There is no upper limitt to the number of the hoursa FLEX employee may work.
Flex employee ARE NOT eligible tp participate in Health and Life Insurance Programs or in Retirement and 401(k) Savings Plan.
Social Security Card is required
Major Duites : Collects sales slips, total sales on cash register, accepts payment from patrons and makes change as necessary. Maintains related cash records. Keeps work area clean and orderly Sets up food service counters and steam tables with hot and cold foods and beverages. Prepares coffee and hot water for tea, fills beverage dispensers with juices and soft drinks Sets tables, seats guests, records guests' selections and turns in orders to the kitchen. Serves food and non alcoholic beverages. Presents bill and receives payment. Cleans tables and immediate area. Prepares fruits and vegetables for cooking and serving. Makes a variety of fruit and vegetable salads. Portions out food, cleans and prepares meats and seafood for cooking. Checks food during cooking to prevent over cooking. Prepares sandwiches and box lunches. Washes dishes, pots and pans. Empties trash and cleans and sanitizes containers. Unloads trucks and places contents in proper storage and use areas, brings supplies to work areas. Clean floors, walls and windows in kitchen, dining and storage areas. Skills and knowledge: Able to work alone. Know the proper use of special cleaning and sanitizing solutions, know simple food handling techniques. Able to serve uniform individuals portions and avoid distractions when several quest ask for different items at the same time. Able to use simple arithmetic. Frequently lift and moves items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires constantly standing , slopping, bending walking and reaching. Work is normally performed inside with adequate lighting and heat . Care id required to avoid serios injury in food preparation and storage area.
Ability to follow oral and written in English and possess basic math skills.
Experience as a food Service Worker (desirable)
Be able to lift and carry weights up to 20 to 40 pounds.
Possess math skills necessary to calculate patron bills and take inventory.
Conditions of Employment:
Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-1.
In order to ensure good customer service and safety in performing these duties the incumbent must have a good command of the English language to include the ability to speak and be understood clearly and to be able to read comprehend written policies, directives, labels, etc.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position..
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment to NAF position.
5. You will be required to provide proof of US permanent residency status.
6. Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
7. A medical examination is required.
8. A food handler examination is required as required by local medical authority.
9. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
10. You will be required to complete a DA FORM 3433-1 Supplemental Employment Application Form, and OF 306 Declaration of Federal Employment to a NAF position.
11. Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in the Vacancy Announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Knowledge of Food Handling Techniques.
2. Ability to Work Safely.
3. Ability to Use Simple Arithmetic.
4. Skill in Providing Customer Service.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
FLEX employees ARE NOT eligible to participate in Health and Life Insurance Programs and in Retirement and 401(K) Savings Plan.
Conversion of employment category (from FLEX to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
NONAPPROPRIATED FUND (NAF) PREFERENCE IN SELECTION will be given according to the following priorities:
1. DOD NAF separated by a business-based action (DOD NAF - BBA).
2. Spouse Employment Preference (SEP).
3. Involuntarily Separated Military (ISM).
4. Current and Former Employees (CNE).
5. Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV).
6. Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV).
1 . If you are a current career or career-conditional Federal employee or former Federal employee who has reinstatement eligibility, you must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 "Notification of Personnel Action" and/or a copy of the SF-50 that reflects career or career-conditional tenure, or you will not be considered under the merit promotion process. Also, you should submit your most recent performance appraisal.
2. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
3. You can apply for a non-competitive appointment if you meet the basic eligibility requirements and you are eligible for special appointment such as those authorized for the severely disabled; certain Vietnam era and disabled veterans; returned volunteers from the Peace Corps or Vista, etc. Please indicate the type of special appointment you are seeking, if any, on your application and follow all other instructions for applying shown in this announcement.
4. All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .