· Reviews, troubleshoots, and approves operational quality desktops, notebooks, printers, and associated peripherals.
· Installs, maintains and optimizes desktop /notebook configurations at customer sites.
· Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems.
· Performs maintenance and repair services.
· Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance.
· Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
· Understands and applies principles, concepts, theories, technologies and standards of professional field.
· Develops and applies specialized knowledge within own discipline
· Deepens knowledge through exposure to new assignments and continuous learning
· Knowledge of related industry considerations
· Good working knowledge and demonstrated ability utilizing systems, tools and procedures to accomplish job.
· Builds deeper understanding of processes, procedures, customers and organization.
· Assists program or process development and implementation.
· Coordinates activities and processes.
· Applies research, information gathering and analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity.
- Screens, categorizes, evaluates, reconciles, reports and resolves data integrity issues.
· Interprets generally defined practices and methods.
- Recognizes and acts on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems.
· Identifies issues beyond stated situation.
· Works on assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
· Regularly exercises discretion on engaging leadership independent judgment on business matters.
· Involved with local or business specific engagement initiatives in support of broader programs.
· Work is guided by objectives of the area or assignment.
- Refers to established policies and precedents as needed.
- Applies discretion and independent judgment to identify when deviation from standard practice is required without prior approval.
- Collaborates on project timeframes and priorities based on project objectives and ongoing assignments.
· Assumes responsibility to improve service, efficiency and quality of work.
· When assigned to a customer team, actively participates on small to medium sized project teams in support of customer deliverables.
· Contributes to area by ensuring quality of output.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities within own area.
· Establishes working relationships with others outside area of expertise.
· Applies knowledge and understanding of customer needs and other internal/external contacts.
· Performs advanced troubleshooting techniques to address complex technical issues.
· Identifies risks and develops solutions for client tasks.
· Serves as escalation and issue resolution point for onsite technicians.
· Coordinates with on-site facilities and technical contacts regarding readiness and delivery issues.
· May distribute workload among team members.
· May prepare documentation to record and track issue resolutions.
· Makes recommendations for process improvements within the department.
· Often provides team leadership and mentoring.
· May respond to calls after normal business hours per leader instructions
· 6-8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Advanced customer interaction skills.
· Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell