- The Service Tower Director roles provide strategic planning and direction in establishing the ITS vision for each area of responsibility.
The role identifies, prioritizes and oversees the implementation of solutions aligned with that vision.
- Defining requirements for service providers, and with data center and database administrators, to develop data center/storage architectures
- Developing and implementing strategies for the control and sharing of company database resources and services
- Reviewing and refining requirements for service providers to design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving; and to ensure effective protection and integrity of data center/storage appliances and assets
- Defining business requirements for service providers to plan, schedule, initiate, and administer backups and restores
- Defining requirements for service providers to allocate storage to end-users and development teams based on established regional/departmental requirements
- Defining, communicating, and enforcing data storage retention policies
- Reviewing and jointly refining requirements for service providers to develop, implement, and maintain change control, incident response, and testing processes for modifications to the data center environment
- Ensuring that data center management and information storage measures and equipment adhere to all applicable laws and regulations for the health care industry
- Remaining informed on laws, trends and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices; advising, counseling, and educating executive and management teams on their relative importance
- Governance and oversight related to managed service provider.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or information systems field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-10 years Demonstrated extensive experience in implementing data center/storage architectures design techniques, concepts, principles and practices
- Demonstrated extensive experience with server-client computing and relational database environments
- Demonstrated hands-on technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting data center/storage environments
- Demonstrated experience in managing the change control process in distributed data center environments
- Demonstrated working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting large data centers
- Experience in project management, developing and submitting data center audits and compliance reports to governing bodies, legal entities and/or external authorities
- Knowledge of applicable data retention practices and laws
- Strong technical documentation skills and able to conduct research into data center/storage issues, standards, and products
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. CBCHI
- Establishing productive management level relationships with the sourcing service providers to ensure the two-way flow of information regarding strategies, priorities, requirements, disputes and issues.
- Collaborating with other service management leaders and other staff in capacity planning and defining future data center/storage requirements
- Reviewing and refining requirements for service providers to establish appropriate end-user access control levels for stored data
- Developing and assessing long-term goals for data center servers and databases, in conjunction with owners and national/region/market managers
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
CO-Englewood-Denver Meridian North
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
For Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), returning sick people to good health is more than a business -- it's a mission. Formed in 1996...