Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Bendix King is a strategic business unit in Aerospace. It is a global leader in Aviation serving General Avionics (GA) business. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make flying more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge Bendix King Technology in all its current products in GA cockpits of the world. This position will be located in Albuquerque , NM .
The Product Marketing Manager is the Commercial Manager and subject matter expert for a given product line, responsible for product revenue, volume, margin, profitability and quality over the entire lifecycle of the product. The Product Manager uses strategic marketing concepts to determine product strategy and direction and leverages the Bendix/King product development process to bring products to market. This individual also leads virtual teams that create, certify, produce and support his or her product and is responsible for technical, financial and personnel issues for the programs managed and requires extensive interaction with engineering, marketing, supply chain, sales and support. Program and product success will be judged on time to market, return on investment and overall development cost.
- Manage all aspects of product line, including product feature set, marketing strategy, SIOP, support and development programs
- Contribute to strategic planning function including the relevant product roadmaps
- Manage product lifecycle profitably
- Create product market requirement documents based on market research, regulatory guidance and competitive analysis that deliver features that customers value and are willing to pay for
- Own financial responsibility for product line, including for revenue, volume, margin, profitability and return on investment
- Overall program execution planning and management for development products related to product line. Set project goals, assign tasks and effectively manage risks and program scope.
- Reviews and approve key product design details (look & feel, UI and external interfaces)
- Sets product pricing in accordance with overall brand and portfolio strategy
- Review and approve product‐related advertising plans and designs
- Create product forecast to ensure appropriate manufacturing capacity to support demand
- Work with supply chain to address issues such as obsolescence, quality and on time delivery
- Work with communications team as the subject matter expert to assist in the creation of communications to all relevant audiences.
- Work with the channel marketing team to provide subject matter expertise in the creation of promotional programs that will meet the needs of the product plan.
- 5 years of experience in product management or marketing
- 5 years of program management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 5 years experience in Aerospace, preferably in avionics
- In‐depth knowledge of Bendix/King and competitor avionics products and technologies
- Familiarity with aviation regulatory requirements and future airspace mandates
- Good understanding of technology marketing, strategic planning, business and market development, customer & product marketing
- Experience in developing and executing strategy and growth plans for new products and new market applications
- Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively work in a matrix team structure
- Highly self motivated and passionate about aviation
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Assumes ownership and accountability for areas of responsibility
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- MBA strongly preferred
- Private pilot license (VFR rated at minimum)
Honeywell - 20 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...