About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of 22.4 billion euros in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy. www.schneider-electric.com
Schneider Electric Global Supply Chain has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of Buyer in our Lincoln, NE plant. The Buyer in this role will ensure that the operational relationships with suppliers are defined and respected. He/she will lead as well as take active participation in supplier negotiations regarding price level and/ or quantity, quality, logistic level. The Buyer will be responsible for managing key commodities within the plant.
1) Ensure that the corporate commodity strategy is aligned with the plant's strategy. The preferred and active supplier list is constantly monitored and suppliers are chosen or changed based on this criteria by working closely with the commodity team.
2) Ensure that the plant has materials to support production. Manage key indicators such as External service rate (ESSR), External defects per million (DPMe), material price trends, material productivity and ensure actions are taken to bring it back to control when issue arises.
3) Propose actions (QVE, rebalancing, local negotiations etc.) as well as manage projects to achieve material productivity. Work closely with cross functional teams to achieve Schneider's objective on material productivity.
4) Manage supplier qualification; negotiate and manage contracts with local/specific suppliers.
5) Contribute to the purchasing database update by providing necessary information to commodity managers / supplier leaders / plants; update database of spend; update on a specific basis.
6) First escalation level for supplier crisis management including quality and delivery issues.
7) Participate in the purchase of equipment, parts and supplies.
8) Evaluate supplier responses to RFQs, select and negotiate the best price/ delivery/ quality/ payment terms possible.
9) Support the execution of Schneider production system in Lincoln plant.
10) Support company policy, procedures and safety policy.
* Must have a four year degree in supply chain management/ industrial engineering/ business administration
* At least 1-2 years of experience as a buyer, or related experience
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric - 2 years ago
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...