The Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology High-throughput Screening (HTS) Facility is looking to recruit a software developer with expertise in web and database technologies to create tools for chemistry and scientific data analysis. These projects will support drug discovery and biomedical research in areas including cancer, neuroscience, diabetes, and infectious diseases.
We manage data and build applications for chemists and biologists to help them keep track of their compounds and make sense of their experimental results, and ultimately to get more out of their data.
We are looking for a motivated software developer with a web background and an interest in life sciences and medicinal chemistry applications to join a small but growing development team. We most frequently create web-based apps using Ext JS on the client side, C# for server-side application development, and Oracle to store our data. We also use SharePoint as a platform for deploying some data and tools to users, but we are not married to specific technologies to solve our group's current or future problems.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, life sciences, or related field of study. Previous experience working in a laboratory environment and automating processes is preferred. The successful candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficiency in translating a conceptual model into a set of relational database objects.
- Expertise in SQL, and proficiency in creating efficient SQL queries that interact with a large database schema.
- Experience with source control and software build automation and integration systems.
- Ability and aptitude to automate a broad diversity of data capture, reduction, analysis, archival and reporting processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in C# 3.5 or 4.0, including generics, LINQ, and lambdas.
- Experience with application development and deployment with SharePoint 2007 or 2010
- Experience with the SharePoint 2007 or 2010 server API
- A strong desire to help automate every possible aspect of the team's development and test environment
About Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Vanderbilt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about working at Vanderbilt, go to vanderbilt.edu/work-at-vanderbilt .
Located in Nashville, Tenn., and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care,Vanderbilt University and Medical...