The Outreach Coordinator is part of the program team responsible for the delivery and development of high quality, innovative and interactive, including theatre programs and special programs. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the development and coordination of operational procedures for outreach programs, and some special event programs. The Outreach Coordinator further is responsible for the supervision and development of program staff and volunteers including participating in recruitment, training, scheduling and evaluation.
Position Requirements •College degree in science, theater, education or related field;
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong background in theater;
- One or two years supervisory and administrative experience;
- Experience working in a museum, theater, or similar informal education institution;
- Experience in the development and implementation of informal education programs;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, and overnights;
- Clean driving record and ability to operate a truck/ van.
- Coordinate the production, delivery, and scheduling of theater programs;
- Support the development, planning, and implementation of new outreach programs;
- Recruit, train, and oversee daily activities of staff of actors involved in program delivery and ensure timely communication of essential information to staff;
- Establish and maintain contact with potential audiences and conduct on-going marketing efforts;
- Deliver and manage interactive educational programs off site and on the floor of the California Science Center for reserved groups and the general public;
- Assist with on-site programs;
- Research and develop programs and materials related to a wide assortment of science concepts;
- Evaluation of programs and materials being implemented;
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals on staff of actors involved in the outreach program
- Initiate purchases for program supplies as needed and the tracking and management of associated budgets;
- Track and report program data and assist in the compilation of monthly reports and the annual report;
- Present aspects of, and participate in, the training program for all Amgen Center for Science Learning staff;
- Attend regular program staff meetings;
- Participate in long-range strategic planning for Amgen Center for Science Learning programs;
- Represent the Amgen Center for Science Learning on new initiatives and capital projects as assigned;
- Collaborate with Amgen Center for Science Learning and other Science Center staff;
- Perform other duties as required.
Please indicate in your cover letter you found this opportunity on LANonprofitCareers.com. We are tracking this information.
Contact: Raul Pereyra
Address: 700 Exposition Park Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90037
LANonprofitCareers.com - 11 months ago
The California Science Center's mission is as follows: "We aspire to stimulate curiosity and inspire science learning in everyone by cr...