Contracted to Full Time
Percona is looking to hire a Project Coordinator to work as a key member of our technical account management team. The position will involve managing the delivery of Percona's services (Consulting, Support, Development, Remote DBA, and Training) to our global client base. The technical account management team works closely with our sales and technical teams to ensure clients needs are met in a timely and professional manner.
Call customers and work with them to gather their requirements and build a delivery plan for services based on these requirements. Track the delivery process and intervene when questions arise or follow-on work is required. Maintain the customer relationship post delivery and look for opportunities for future delivery of services. Keep track of key metrics and data about engagements and upcoming work. Work with internal resources around the world to ensure they are successful in delivering our services.
This position reports to the Vice President of Consulting. You will work out of our consulting home office in Dewitt, MI; Some travel will be required for internal meetings. Some flexibility in your work schedule may be required to help work with clients in different timezones.
- Develop Percona's project delivery capacity in close cooperation with the Consulting & Support Management Team.
- Develop tools, procedures and methods for robust delivery of services.
- Manage projects and customer relationships.
- Polite, friendly and professional; this position is managing the relationship with the customers.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience with teamwork in a distributed environment.
- Experience from managing client relations.
- Ability to juggle many simultaneous activities.
- Works well under pressue
- Attention to detail and process
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Knowledge of databases and large application environments
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- Problem solving skills, ability to take charge and get things done
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, IRC and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with minimal required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that's changing the industry.
- Previous presales or sales experience helpful
- Previous work as an IT Consultant
- IT or Consulting Project manager experience, preferably in a distributed environment.
- Knowledge of other RDBMS based systems/Services (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, MS SQL Server, Drizzle).
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems
- General programming and scripting abilities.
- Experience with SalesForce and/or the Force.com platform
Percona provides expert consulting, support, training, and services for MySQL and LAMP stack environments. We are a family-friendly, bootstrapped company that’s privately owned, with no plans to go public or be acquired. This makes Percona feel very different from many high-tech companies. It means we’re working hard to succeed, but at the same time, success means we all benefit — not just a few people at the top. We believe in compensating people according to their contribution to the company. We work from home, interacting through Skype, IRC, and email. Once a year we have an all-company meeting, including family members, children and significant others. We frequently get together in small groups at conferences or for business meetings.
At Percona, we focus on our customers' and users' needs. We're making the world a better place through open-source projects such as XtraDB and Maatkit. We believe that knowledge wants to be free.