- This entry-level position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your structural/civil drafting skills, while working in a multi-disciplined team environment with other designers and/or engineers in the preparation of design drawings based on design input.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your computer-aided drafting skills, while receiving hands-on training in 3D design software environments, such as AutoCAD 3D and/or MicroStation. Additionally, you will receive training in Sargent & Lundy’s award-winning, industry-recognized proprietary design databases.
- You will be involved in creating master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions. In preparing your drawings, you will confer directly with engineering staff in interpreting input from a variety of sources, such as engineering specifications, weight and volume calculations, and stress factors.
- You may accompany and assist experienced designers on walkdowns at client facilities to gather information for your design project.
- While interfacing with vendors and construction contractors, you may be given the opportunity to explain your drawings so appropriate design adjustments can be made.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate’s Degree with an emphasis in structural/civil drafting.
- Basic knowledge of standard computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation).
- Ability to visualize parts in 3D without the aid of the computer.
- Ability to multi-task from project to project.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design.
- Experience using AutoCad and Microstation software.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design.
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
The drill for Sargent & Lundy is to deliver engineering, construction management, and consulting services to the global power industry....