This position performs primary receptionist duties: receives incoming telephone calls for the organization, greets and directs visitors, and performs general clerical duties.
Performs Receptionist Functions: 70% of the Work Period
Performs Human Resources Clerical Duties: 30% of the Work Period
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:Receptionist Duties:
1. Operates computerized telephone system to relay incoming, outgoing, and intra-system calls for Children’s Care Hospital and School. Screens incoming calls and provides information to callers, and directs calls to proper extension. Receives overflow/forwarded calls from the Rehab Center when site is not available or calls are not being returned. Pages appropriate staff as requested by other staff.
2. Greets and directs visitors to appropriate location or provides general information to callers or visitors. Calls appropriate units when Para-transit arrives for pick ups. Puts out daily newspapers for Classrooms.
3. Updates and schedules Children’s Care apartment. Coordinates with Housekeeping and social workers/nursing so that the apartment is ready for the next family to use the apartment and disperses key.
4. Updates benefits in online benefit system for terminations, change in job status and life events. Researches benefit questions for Human Resources Director.
5. Signals emergency codes as necessary, gives all clear as indicated in Emergency Manual.
6. Distributes Children’s Care employment and volunteer information.
7. Provides general mailroom duties including monitoring the postage meter to include ordering labels for postage meter, metering mail and sorting incoming/outgoing mail; provides meter access and technical support so that a volunteer can seal and meter bulk mailings for Development Department, maintains mailboxes; receives incoming shipments from Federal Express and notifies recipients. Receives PO Box mail, sorts to appropriate person/department, and will notify accounting when PO Box mail is sorted and ready for pickup. Prepares labels, envelopes or boxes to sends Rapid City mail daily.
8. Prepares all outgoing UPS shipments and enters request for pickup into UPS software system.
9. Accepts donations and completes donation slip with donor. Calls Development staff to accept memorials and gift receipts and monitors the volunteer sign in book and offers assistance as needed in Volunteer Coordinator’s absence.
10. Fills copier with paper daily and as needed in between. Maintains locked cupboard for copy paper and orders copy paper and related supplies (staples etc…) for the week. Calls for service on copier, fixes paper jams as requested by all staff/adds toner.
11. Supplies staff with envelopes, paperclips, sticky notes/paper, pens, scissors etc at their request.
12. Sells lunch tickets to visitors and nursing students.
13. Handles petty cash box and selling of stamps for employee’s personal use.
14. Maintains front lobby phone and general neatness of desk area including magazine selection placed in front area.
15. Copy and collate as directed by staff’s requests.
16. Posts daily calendars next to each conference room, schedules conference rooms as requested by staff.
17. Maintains lost and found.
18. Coordinates with Children’s Care day student nursing and the Sioux Falls Public School for
emergency placement for students who are transported by the district and arrive home to an empty house. The bus service calls the receptionist/day student nursing to inform Children’s Care that they are bringing a child to Children’s Care. The school district notifies the parent to let them know their child is being transported to Children’s Care and will need to
South Dakota State Government - 14 months ago