Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer information systems or related field and two years of work experience in computer information systems. Additional work experience in computer information systems can be substituted for up to two years of education.
Candidates must be able to work professionally with diverse personalities and must be able to explain technical issues/topics to non-technically trained individuals. Candidate must also be comfortable multitasking.
Additional requirements include successful completion of the interview process and reference and background checks.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in the following:
Interested applicants must submit an Application for State Employment (SFN 10950) , resume, and cover letter by the closing date to:
- Photoshop and Acrobat Pro – Adobe Tools
- SQL – reporting
- Knowledge of ITD/EA standards and requirements.
Mark A. Zimmerman, Director
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
North Dakota Parks and Recreation Dept
1600 E. Century Ave Suite 3
Bismarck, ND 58503-0649
- Completed State Employment Application , resume, and cover letter addressing how the applicant meets the minimum qualifications and summary of work below must be received at the address above by 5:00 pm on closing date or application will not be considered.
- Access the State Application form at: http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/appforms.html or hard copy from any ND Job Service Office.
Summary of Work:
Position is responsible for agency information technology support for agency statewide.
The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.
- Manage staff IT needs including the purchase, upgrades and installation of software, hardware, and peripherals; monitor licensing requirements; maintain IT hardware inventory; manage IT budget.
- Provide desktop support for agency staff (both hardware and software).
- Manage agency software applications and systems including the agency’s online reservation and cyclic maintenance applications.
- Maintain agency’s Active Directory.
- Assist in maintaining agency website and social media accounts.
- IT planning including budget and policies.
- Coordinate IT projects.
- IT security.
- Liaison with ITD for network, telecommunications and programming issues and projects.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 2 years ago