Responsible for performing a variety of administrative support duties related to patient care.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Chief Operations Officer.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
1. Greets patients upon arrival at patient care area.
2 Schedules patient appointments.
3. Schedules outside diagnostic testing and obtains results. Obtains precertification for diagnostic testing if necessary.
4. Maintains physician appointment schedule ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
5. Requests, locates, copies, sends and receives patient records.
6. Prepares charts for physician encounter, ensuring that all necessary documentation is available.
7. Answers telephone,screens calls, takes messages, and provides patients with information as directed by physician.
8. Performs patient check out process, collect co-pays and schedule
follow up appointments as directed by physician
9. Facilitates hospital admission for patients and prepares necessary paperwork.
11. Enters office and hospital charges in computer system.
12. Retrieves physician’s mail daily and distribute appropriately.
13. Obtains current list of hospital patients and provides to switchboard operator or physician on call.
14. Participates in training of new employees.
15. Cooperates with other departments to provide good customer service.
16. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
The jobholder must demonstrate competencies applicable to the job position.
EDUCATION: High school graduation or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of computer experience in a medical office setting. Knowledge of medical terminology. Must have EMR experience. Must have reliable transportation and valid drivers license for travel to Cumming, Alpharetta, and Perimeter as needed
1. Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
2. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
3. Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
1. Skill in use of personal computer and software required.
2. Skill in use of electronic mail.
1. Ability to type 50-60 wpm.
2. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral, and written instruction.
3. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work may require hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to retrieve files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries, or sitting for extended periods of time. Manual
dexterity for using a telephone,calculator and computer keyboard.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent contact with
staff and patients. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Must have at least 2 years experience as medical front office person. Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation for travel to Cumming, Alpharetta and Perimeter offices.
Atlanta Cancer Care is a medical oncology practice dedicated to providing state of the art, quality treatment in a caring, comfortable,...