The Software Quality Assurance Analyst is an intermediate professional level role. This position is responsible for developing and executing formal test plans for applications this includes writing test cases/scripts, test case automation, test execution, tracking quality assurance metrics and document all issues and assisting in resolution. The Software Quality Assurance Analyst may work on multiple programs/systems as a project team member, but is considered a subject matter expert for a single program/system. Reports to Manager, Quality Assurance.
Complete assigned Quality
Assurance assignments and tasks , including but not limited to:
· Develop, implement, and execute test
plans, test cases, and test scripts primarily for PeopleSoft ERP solution.
· Act as Test Lead for assigned functional areas /
applications and coordinate test related tasks for designated resources.
· Work with end-users to ensure
requirements are documented and testable .
· Work with end-users to develop strong
understanding of applications to be tested.
· Maintain subject matter expert ise for a ssigned applications / system s.
· Effectively communicate testing needs, concerns,
tasks, status, priorities, and identified issues / defects via written and face
to face communications.
· Ensure testing artifacts are maintained and
· Report status for assigned test
· Through use of tools
and quality process, contribute to and generate q uality as surance metrics such as defect counts and analysis , test results and
test status .
· Document identified issues
and engage with developers in their resolution.
· Ensure consistent use of Test Tools IAW
established practices and processes.
· Participate in, adhere to, and
· Help to train technical staff and others on
quality process, tools, and assigned applications and act a s an internal quality consultant.
· Assist with generation of materials to be used
for training purposes .
in the development of the quality system.
Quality Assurance documentation and records.
· Collect and analyze data for product quality as well as software process
evaluation and improvements.
independently as well as interactively with other associates on typical
cross-functional teams and assignments.
and maintain excellent working relationships and earn team confidence.
· Take initiative in all assigned
· Adhere to established Company,
Department, and Quality Standards as well as best practices.
· May write, maintain, and execute test
automation at a basic level .
Qualifications / Requirements
· Experience in testing PeopleSoft HR & Finance applications required (9.1
experience preferred) .
· BS degree in Computer
Science / Information Systems or related field (or equivalent work experience)
5+ years of experience.
· Technical background with demonstrated expertise
in Software Quality Assurance concepts, practices and procedures.
· Experience in testing custom developed
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
Ability to effectively communicate
and conceptualize abstract ideas and concepts.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong team leadership and coordination
· Excellent people skills; work well in a
· Strong a ttention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task and handle heavy
workloads with aggressive schedules without sacrificing quality.
· Good follow-through skills.
· Solid PC skills: MS Excel, MS Word ,
Test Tools .
· Experience with HPQC desired.
Personal Performance Factors
Integrity/Ethics - deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
Perseverance - targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Teamwork - Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
Schawk - 12 months ago
Schawk has designs on consumers' products. The company provides digital prepress and other graphic services primarily for consumer...