Under general supervision and in compliance with established policies and procedures, provide basic banking services such as processing deposits, loan transactions, cashing checks, selling money orders, cashiers checks and traveler’s checks, cross-selling services, balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash totals.
Please note: In addition to the above, Sr Teller will also provide assistance to less experienced teller staff. Another major function is to assume the role of a Teller Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to savings and checking accounts; verify deposit amounts; examine checks for endorsement and negotiability.
- Receive checks and saving withdrawals for cashing within limits established by Manager, Area Operations; verify signatures and customer account balances; and inspect all checks, bonds, and money orders.
- Answer customer’s account related questions.
- Actively cross sell bank products and services. Refer customers to the appropriate sales associate to complete the sale.
- Count cash drawer, research and locate outages.
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 6 months experience as a Teller or other cash handling/sales position.
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum of 9 months experience as a bank teller.
High School diploma or GED. Minimum of 15 months experience as Teller II at First Citizens Bank or at least 24 months external teller experience.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. Ability to effectively utilize a personal computer and other standard office equipment. Ability to perform basic math problems. Must complete teller training and computer classes. Must maintain a friendly, courteous and professional demeanor.
First Citizens Bank - 3 years ago