ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
MediFit Corporate Services is currently seeking dynamic group exercise instructors to teach a variety of fitness classes at our corporate fitness centers. This is a part time position with flexible scheduling.
Primary duties of the group exercise instructor:
· Design and instruct innovative fitness classes to a wide range of clientele and fitness levels, including high risk participants.
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with class participants; be the face of the fitness center by delivering excellent customer service
· Promote the group fitness schedule by encouraging class participants to try other fitness classes.
· Monitor class participants, provide one-on-one assistance to correct form and/or provide exercise modifications
· Challenge class participants by keeping choreography and music fresh
· Ensure group exercise room is properly maintained before and after each class.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Current nationally recognized group exercise certification (AFAA, ACE, IFTA, NETA); specialty certifications where appropriate (e.g. Spinning, Pilates, yoga)
· Current CPR/AED certification
· At least one year successful experience leading group fitness classes
· Instructors must demonstrate knowledge of modifying exercise programs for high risk clientele
· Must demonstrate knowledge of safe vs. contraindicated exercises
· Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills are essential
· Superior customer service skills
MediFit - 19 months ago