This position is located in Southfield, Michigan. This challenging, hands-on role will be a business partner to the Enterprise Improvement (EI) Practice and the Accounting function, supporting key financial functions including client billing, revenue recognition and accounts receivable. The ideal candidate will be a self starter, with a strong customer service attitude. The position will report to the Finance Manager and will enjoy the challenge of addressing complex and ambiguous financial issues. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
Graphic Design Requirements
- Support assigned EI Managing Directors through billing, collection, A/R and accounting processes
- Provide general administrative support to EI Finance Manager
- Review and understand consulting agreements with clients and subcontractors; proactively identify issues and risks
- Review routine client invoices and check for accuracy and completeness; provide detailed instructions to billing staff as required
- Assist with day to day management of AlixPartners work in process:
- Review expense submissions and note issues for follow-up or correction
- Identify time/expense submission issues and request correction by accounting and/or consulting staff/Managing Directors
- Extract and prepare accounting/finance data for review by Managing Directors and/or Directors prior to invoicing
- Distribute monthly reports and other documents, data and financial analysis to EI Managing Directors as assigned
- Support A/R process and collections follow-up for delinquent accounts
- Respond to one-off requests for data and analysis from EI leadership and Managing Directors as requested
- Manage process of new client/matter setup on a temporary basis in absence of Finance Manager
- Handle sensitive and emergent emails and calls from AlixPartners Managing Directors and staff and other contacts for follow-up; exercise judgment in responding to unique and urgent situations
- Support preparation of internal finance/accounting presentations as needed
- Evaluate and handle sensitive and/or highly confidential internal and client data with appropriate care and confidentiality
- Respond to routine inquiries from accounting group re: client engagement status and economics, identify potential issues and notify appropriate parties
- Balance conflicting demands and interests from internal and external parties, finding creative ways to meet the needs of disparate individuals
- Handle other routine finance and accounting as well as administrative support duties and requests for assistance as requested from time to time
- Be available and on-call after normal business hours to handle special/urgent situations
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “EIFinanceAssistant2013WEB” in subject line.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business/economics or related field is highly preferred
- Accounting/finance experience in a Consulting or similar professional services firm preferred
- PC proficient with MS Office basic suite – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook; able to learn new systems and tools
- Strong client-service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding client interaction, possessing excellent telephone/email and interpersonal skills with colleagues, as well as the firm's clients and external contacts
- High energy business style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Resourcefulness and creativity in identifying process improvements and finding ways to capture or extract data needed by others and present or modify it according to their requirements
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills
- Team Player
- Ability to work independently on complex assignments
- Desire to continuously improve skill set to a more advanced level to broaden scope of role
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding of the business, over time, and find new ways to enhance the value brought to the organization
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours on occasion as needs arise
In addition to a positive workplace, this firm offers a highly competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, 401K & tuition reimbursement.
AlixPartners is an AA/EEO employer.
AlixPartners - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard