Linux Engineer - 16619
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Job Title Linux Engineer
Category Information Technology
Location US-GA-Suwanee Duluth, GA 30097, US
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Type Full-time
Travel Required 0
As a Linux Engineer you will be responsible from automating our systems which requires in depth understanding of our infrastructure, the technologies we use and great desire to solve challenging problems. You must have experience with a programming language. You have to be an expert in Linux and willing to learn number of windows services we currently have in production.
In this role you will:
- Work with cutting edge technology in the cloud computing space.
- Provide Fanatical Support to our customers through your innovative solutions that create sustainable and maintainable environments.
- Work on Linux and Windows environments
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services such as Apache, MySQL, MogoDB, Redis, Nginx
- Collaborate with Engineers and System Administrators on technical issues
- Make architectural design decisions, solve technical problems, and make improvements to our systems
- Work in a DevOps environment where you will work closely with software development teams.
- Shape the future of Rackspace Cloud Services!
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- Fundamental knowledge of servers/computers hardware and software
- Excellent problem solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience in Windows environments (IIS, MS SQL)
- Extensive knowledge on networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Programming experience in any language
- Experience in relational databases
- Experience with a configuration management tool (Salt, Chef, Puppet etc.)
Nice to haves;
- Experience with OpenStack
- Technical certifications (i.e., Red Hat, UCP, CompTIZ, MySQL, Windows)
- Experience with MongoDB (and/or nosql)
- Experience in Cloud Computing
- Experience with Python
Why Here? Why Now?—About Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace® Hosting(NYSE: RAX) is the open cloud company, delivering open technologies and powering more than 197,000 customers worldwide. Rackspace provides its renowned Fanatical Support® across a broad portfolio of IT products, including Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Hosting and Dedicated Hosting. Rackspace has been recognized by Bloomberg BusinessWeek as a Top 100 Performing Technology Company, is featured on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For and is included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Rackspace was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant by Gartner Inc. in the “2011 Magic Quadrant for Managed Hosting.” Rackspace is headquartered in San Antonio with offices and data centers around the world.
For the 4,500+ current Rackers, however, we are much more than a hosting company. Rackspace offers a vibrant company culture filled with compelling work, a supportive team environment and a lot of fun. We are as Fanatical® about serving our clients and one another as we are about building the future of technology.
We compete in the same space as Amazon, Microsoft and Google because the work that Rackers do allows us to lead the race for innovation and quality. Rackers’ opinions, ideas and creativity are pushed to the limit because pushing beyond the boundaries of today’s hosting standards is the only way to be number one. The pressure is on—Are you ready?
But, don’t take it from us—Rackspace’s awards and recognitions include:
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2008, 2009, 2011
- Forbes Top 100 Best Small Companies 2010
- Forbes 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies 2011
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2010, 2012
- Computer World Best Places to Work in IT 2010
- Business Insider 25 Best Tech Companies to Work For 2011
- Bloomberg Business Week Top 100 Performing Technology Company 2010
- InformationWeek Top Technology Innovators Across America 2010
- Info-Tech Champion in Cloud Infrastructure 2010
Learn more at our website.
As employees of Rackspace, we are not simply numbers; we are proud Rackers. With that title comes a responsibility that we all feel. It’s a responsibility to embody and live the values that make our organization unique and extraordinary. It’s also a natural responsibility because the values we embrace were created by us. Learn more about our culture on our talentpage which features blogs and general information put together by Rackers across the company.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information in our candidate selection process.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(-US Only) 0