Job Responsibilities of Smog Technician :
- This position involves testing vehicle emissions using the latest BAR equipment.
- Must have all the necessary current ASE certifications and current technician's smog license.
- Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
- Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Keeps store management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintains an organized neat and safe bay.
- 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem- solving and repair experience as you mentor and teach Teammates while discussing problems with customers
- Current Smog Certification G1 / G2
- You will also need 5 ASE certifications, strong leadership skills and a customer-focused attitude to go along with a high level of motivation and energy.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License.
- Pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer , in fact, “One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.'
- Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
Bridgestone/Firestone - 9 months ago
Firestone Complete Auto Care does more than provide you with high-quality maintenance, repairs and tires. We're involved in a wide variety...