The Employee Communication Specialist will assist in designing, developing and implementing a comprehensive multi-media internal communication strategy. This position will be responsible for internal website development, interactive multimedia development, video production, audio production, image production and print design.
– Designs and develops multiple channels of communication for employees throughout Allegiant
– Ensures key messages are delivered through online channels, including deployment on various internal networks, as well as offline channels where appropriate
– Establishes measurement procedures, benchmarks, and success criteria for internal online marketing efforts and works with marketing and PR teams to identify and proactively share information to employees
– Serves as the primary, day-to-day coordinator of all intranet updates. This also includes page creation, handling all web requests and general updates
– Works effectively with various other departments to create high-quality online multimedia content and campaigns that showcase the values and culture of Allegiant
– Monitors and understands trends and developments in new media
– Researches and recommends online opportunities to increase internal communication
– Effectively utilizes forms of social media to achieve the company’s internal communication initiatives
– Supports the development of audio and video content for various online projects and campaigns, including podcasts and webcasts
– Designs and produces Recruiting department videos, including employee life, job profiles, base features, etc.
– Designs and produces existing Communications including Employee Survey, monthly Wellness Newsletter, AirMail bulletins, Applicant Communication templates, etc.
– Aids in the production of company video projects to include training videos, video interviews, etc. This incorporates every level of video production from organizing the shoot to editing the footage to delivering a final format to end users
– Supports internal communication initiatives by covering company events; this includes taking video footage or pictures and being able to create a written event summary/recap
– Produces useful photographical footage for both internal and external publications
– Produces print media layout designs, image creation, image editing and other forms of creative development
– Works closely with the Employee Programs Specialist to brand and communicate employee events via collateral such as flyers, emails, videos, social media and other creative strategies
– Evaluates, recommends and supports the development of new communication technologies for company use
– Develops internal marketing strategies for a variety of projects
– Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISES : N/A
INTERACTIONS: All Allegiant Employees
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
– HTML Knowledge
– Proficiency in Adobe CS3 (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign, Acrobat, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Soundbooth or equivalent)
– Proficiency in working in a Windows and Mac environment
– Extremely well organized and proactive
– Must pass a ten (10) year background check and five (5) year pre-employment drug test
– Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
EDUCATION: College degree or equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years digital communication/media experience required
– Strong knowledge of social media – web 2.0 tools (podcasts, video podcasts, webcasts, blogs, etc…)
– Strong photography and image editing skills
– Strong video production/editing skills
– Strategic thinker and problem solver
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Open cubicle office environment.
Office environment. Travel 10-20% of the time.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION STATEMENT:
Allegiant Travel Company commits to making a reasonable accommodation to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified veterans, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the conduct of its business. In determining the extent of its obligation, Allegiant Travel Company will consider business necessity and financial costs and expenses, among other factors.